To enable you to use the information overload of the internet more efficiently for activities in private life or business, the WebAssistant creates an image on your computer of that part of the internet which you use with preference. Adverts or other information you do not wish to use can be filtered. In countries with high costs for access, fees and response times can thus be reduced. The WebAssistant can be used on all platforms with the browser of your choice in connection with a Java Virtual Machine. In addition, you can get a view of the hypertext transfer protocol of the web sites retrieved and can thus, as a side effect, improve your internet expertise.
WebAssistant is inserted as an additional program (proxy) between browser and internet connection. The program can also be used in an intranet where a proxy has already been introduced. The program is available for the German and English languages. WebAssistant was developed with Java technology and the program consists of only 4,2 MByte. An actualisation by online updates can be executed easily at regular intervals. System installation has been kept very simple. A minimum of necessary settings and installation steps are reasonably transparent. The way the program is embedded into the locally available section of the internet can serve as an excellent example for net-based applications.These are the most interesting points:
- All web sites visited are loaded completely and saved locally for later offline browsing. This includes offline queries to search engines or entries into forms. Much that has so far been available online only can now be used offline! There is no difference between on- and offline mode for the user. This principle award this offline browser.
- Saving and listing of the web sites visited is carried out under the domain name in a well-organized tree diagram. Individual grouping of web sites is also supported. Relocating web sites visited before is thus made easier and considerably faster. To file sites, only the filing system of the individual operating system is used. To reduce memory space, larger files can be compressed. The structure of the internet sector is absolutely transparent.
- This transparency renders it easy to group archives of web sites according to individual criteria and to save them in separate folders. These can also be swapped out to different store media (like CD ROM in Joliet format). Thus, you can also use archived versions of web pages even for pages which have ceased to exist or are currently available in a modified version. It is possible to work with different folders simultaneously and to transfer them simply by copying them - to a notebook, for example.
- There is no difference between online and offline browsing. For example thus, bookmark entries can also be used in the offline mode.
- As a special feature, all web sites and images which are already available locally are used as standard. Individualized web sites and those with a time mark can also be re-used.
- Extended links can be loaded and saved in the background.
- A homepage can be mirroring in a predefined depth.
Only this functionality is often expected by an Offline-Reader.
- Comprehensive filtering of web sites and profile or session information can be individually configurated, to mask out adverts etc.
- WebAssistant was created as Standard Edition using Java technology version 1.1, which is now widely used. An improved user interface is available for the Java 2 platform. Further development of more complex features to use the internet more efficiently is also being carried out for this platform.
There is a variety of special uses for the Assistant in the business as well as the private sector, e.g. for entertainment, education and qualification.
- During a business talk or a presentation you can make use of the customary display and operation of web sites without depending on on-line access to be available or without having to take into consideration the current activity level of the internet.
- For research into a special field of knowledge or for the preparation of a holiday trip all pages of interest can be arranged and then be evaluated off-line.
Last but not least, the WebAssistant - Proxy Offline Browser - Private is available free of charge for private use as well as WebAssistant - Proxy Offline Browser - Professional in an extended Shareware Edition. Why hesitate? Use the WebAssistant when you wish to browse and archive next.
When using the WebAssistant please take notice of the existing copyright information from the providers.
You will find that you would not want to do without this Assistant anymore. We can also offer to assist you in future electronic commerce projects.
Your WebAssistant Team